Thursday, April 24, 2014

What’s in Your Pocket?



If you’re averse to this pocket,
you’d better put a verse in yours!


Today would be a great day to heed the warning from Dr. William Carlos Williams.

Why?

Because it’s National Poem in Your Pocket Day!

And you thought you’d missed it.

Yes, it's that festive time of the year when you’re supposed to carry a favorite poem in your pocket (hence the day’s clever name).

Then, when family and friends least expect it, you are to pull it out and recite, recite with all your might.

Fear not  everybody knows about this holiday, so you won’t receive odd looks or get hauled off for a mental evaluation.

I've even heard that a good recitation can get you out of a speeding ticket.


Um, regarding that last bit, Whovians take note 

The Doctor lies.


Well, I prefer to call it fiction.


PROMPT: DO NOT be a LOSER like this guy:


No Poem = LOSER!

Put a poem in your pocket and participate!

4 comments:

  1. I do not want to be considered a loser, so today I will carry around Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken". Now I will ask for some professional advice: What should I do, since sweatpants don't have pockets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Professionally speaking, I do believe that bras can be considered as pockets in a pinch.
      What a wonderful opportunity to get creative!

      Delete
  2. I have an invisible poem in my pocket. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you recite it, do you make a big show about pulling it out,unfolding it and such?

      Delete