Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Day!



Children + Books = Happy



Way back in 1967, SOMEbody decided that life would be so much better if the world had a “Super Bowl” Day where men could run around, grunt a lot, and legally give one another head injuries.

At about the same time, some gentle-souled genius had another idea.

He or she decided that the world would be a much better place if we all curled up on a sofa, smiled a lot, and actually GREW some brain cells by reading something fun.

It was called International Children's Book Day.

And guess what –

Today is NOT the Super Bowl.


PROMPT: If you've guessed that today is International Children's Book Day, then you must be a reader with a great set of brain cells!

What was your favorite book back when you were a tyke?

What’s your favorite children’s book now?

What kind of children’s book would you like to see written?

Yep, that last one’s the one you ought to start today!

2 comments:

  1. It depends on what snippet of my childhood we're talking, but CHARLOTTE'S WEB is one that inspired me a ton as a kid and still does as an adult. That's one of the books that made me think, I want to be a writer! I remember loving THE MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE around fourth grade, and the Black Stallion books had me chomping at the bit for more when I was in middle school.

    I can't pick just one favorite. Too many great ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHARLOTTE'S WEB did the same to me! And then there was LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS as well... I mean, who can resist a good pig bladder story?

      Delete