Thursday, January 24, 2013

Monkey Business


I am NOT a monkey.


My state has a prepaid tuition program known as GET.

Sadly, it has a projected deficit of about $631 million.

I know, I know, chump change because it’s only an “illion” with an M and not a B or a Tr, but some of our senators are calling for its discontinuation anyway.

To quote one of our fine representatives –

“The GET is the 800-pound gorilla and the tail is wagging the dog.”

Yeah, I’m pretty sure he said this with a straight face.

And I just can’t help myself, but I simply MUST respond.

Senator R.T.–

Gorillas DO NOT have tails.

Your license to metaphor has been revoked.


My work here is done.

PROMPT: Political speak is such an AMAZING skill – it’s like a superpower! Write a thousand words of material today, just be sure that it says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Who knows, this could be the start of a new career for you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry if this post made you homesick for the Evergreen state. ;)

    ReplyDelete