Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Veg Out!


October is National Vegetarian Awareness Month.
So here’s my question –

Do vegetarians have a keener or duller sense of awareness than those of us in the omnivorous camp?
Okay, that one was probably left over from Ask a StupidQuestion Day. My apologies.

At any rate, let’s begin celebrating that awareness right here, right now.

You know, I once sat next to a real live vegetarian at a friend’s wedding reception.
“I’m a vegetarian,” he said. I think he wanted to make sure that I was aware. Then he proceeded to tell me that he did not eat anything with eyes.

“Hmmm,” I said, biting my cheek to keep from mentioning the half-eaten potato on his plate. It was a festive occasion after all, and I didn’t want to cause some kind of vegetarian scene.

Well, my job here is done – you have been made aware of those gentle souls among us who forgo the use of their canine teeth.
And hey, I have no idea how these national months get established…

But… well… there’s another bit of awareness I think I ought to mention –
October is also...
 
National Pork Month.
 
PROMPT: Pork Lover meets Aware Vegetarian – and look out! This would be a great way to give yourself a dialogue workout. What happens? Could they, would they… fall in love?
What about your Work in Progress – are there any hairy, scary, vegetarians in the mix?

Disclaimer: Any insinuation that all vegetarians are hairy and/or scary is completely unintentional…I just like saying hairy, scary vegetarian.
Disclaimer #2: No animals and/or vegetarians were harmed in the making of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment