Monday, October 29, 2012

Scary Things



With Halloween just a couple of days away, it’s a good time to talk about scary things…
In particular – scary words.

And let me warn you right now that if you have a heart condition, you might want to read this with a friend who is CPR-certified.

Just sayin’…

Because the following are some of the most frightening phrases ever uttered by human beings.

Are you ready?

Okay, brace yourselves. Here goes –
 

“I can’t.” (Shudder)

 
“That’s impossible.” (Gulp)

 
“I’m not good enough.” (Gasp!)
 

“I’ll never succeed.” (Ack!)
 

“I give up.” (NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!)

 
Okay, okay, I’ll stop. I'm too creeped out to go any further anyway, and I want us all to be able to sleep tonight.

So, I’ll leave you with this –
 

“When you are going through hell, keep on going.

Never never never give up.”

~Winston Churchill

 

PROMPT: Set your writing/art goals this week. And for goodness sake, they do not need to be HUGE, LIFE-CHANGING GOALS in ALL CAPS and an extra-BIG G! Even just 5 minutes of work, one sentence of writing, or one dab of color is progress in the right direction. And trust me, any direction is the right direction for getting out of “The Hot Place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment