Friday, October 5, 2012

Plain and…



It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.

~ Amelia Barr

  
Have you heard that new McDonald’s slogan?

I have – at least nine thousand times...

 
“The simple joy of having it all.”


And it’s cracked me up nine thousand times, too.

Actually, 9001 now that I’ve typed it.

Here’s a newsflash –

There is absolutely, positively NOTHING simple about having it ALL.

And all implies, well, ALL

Poison ivy, badger attacks, quicksand, the plague… etc…etc.

I don’t know about you, but I’m just not feeling the joy there.

Here’s a slogan that’s more to my liking:


All joy is simple.


I figured it out back when I was five –

in the moment I reached beneath the red hen and discovered…

that beautiful brown egg.


PROMPT: I’ll bet that you knew the “All joy is simple” rule back when you were five, too. What was your moment of delightful discovery?

Wishing you a weekend of simple joy…

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Back atcha! I hear there's been nothing but sunshine since we've gone. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a CRAZY late summer -- no rain predicted for at least another week. I think the NW is just happy for you and your new adventure. ;)

      Delete