Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Look for the Signs


Life is one big road with lots of signs.
So when you’re riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy.
Don't bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality.
 Wake Up and Live!

~Bob Marley
 

Whoa. That’s deep, Bob. 

And I love ya, Man, but I guess I’m in a shallow mood today.  

I think I can do without your road's muddy middle…

 
Life is one big road with lots of signs –
so put your vision to COMIC reality.

~ Barb “Marley”
 

Yeah, I’m looking for signs of comic reality today, and I know just where to find them –

at a motocross track a few miles from my home.

I pass by the Hannegan Speedway on my way into town nearly every day, and the gatehouse cracks me up – Every. Single. Time. I know I’m a little elbow-bent, but for me it has such Gary Larson Far Side comic potential.

It’s those dang signs…
 
 
NO FIRES
 
NO DOGS
 
All I can picture is a guy pulling up in his pickup. “Can I bring my anaconda?” he asks.
 
“Is it a fire?” asks the gatekeeper.
 
“Nope.”
 
“Is it a dog?”
 
“Nope.”
 
“Well, SURE! Come on in!”
 
Of course, the last panel would feature the gatekeeper tacking up a NO ANACONDAS sign.
 
 
 
Okay, maybe it’s just me.
 
Then again, maybe it’s the place –
Gary Larson lives less than 30 miles away.
 
PROMPT: Look for signs of comic reality today and create a comic of your very own. Then listen to your Marley –
Wake Up and Live!

 



2 comments: